YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
GDPR is bringing in new legal protection for personal information from May 2018. This tells you what personal information I hold and why, and what your rights are.
Therapist’s Name: Andrea McQuistan also Data Controller
Contact Details: Telephone No: 07513 588887
Email address: email@example.com
Address: 87 Stone Lane, Worthing, West Sussex BN13 2BD
The purpose of processing client data
Data comes to me in the following ways:
- Via email messages to me from potential clients and clients that have my email address
- Via text messages from client as above that have my mobile number
- Via my website (when set up)
- Via facebook messenger
I flows through my business via:-
- My smart Phone, which is password protected – carried everywhere I go
- My ipad which is password protected – at home
- My paper file kept at home in locked premises
I will NOT share your information with anyone else (other than within my own practice, or as required for legal process) without explaining why it is necessary and getting your explicit consent.
Lawful basis for holidng and using client information
I process the personal data under:-
- Legitimate interest: I hold and use client data in order to provide you with the best possible treatment options, support and advice while complying with the GDPR.
- Special category data (ie health related information), the Additional Condition under which I hold and use this information is: for me to fulfil my role as a Beauty and Holistic therapist.
What information I hold and what I do with it
In order to give professional therapies, I will need to ask for and keep information about your health, I will only use this for informing Beauty and Holistic therapies and any advice I give as a result of your therapy. The information to be held is:
- Your name, address, age and contact details
- Medical history and other health related information
- Treatment details and related notes
I will keep your information for the following periods 7 years in line with the lawful basis listed above. Note: for children, my requirements are to retain the information until the child is 25 or if 17 when treated then 26.
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your data will not be transferred outside the EU without your consent.
Protecting your Personal Data
I am committed to ensuring that your personal data is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure I have put in place appropriate technical, physical and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information I collect from you. I will contact you using the contact preferences you have given me.
GDPR gives you the following rights:
- The right to be informed To know how your information will be held and used (this notice)
- The right of access: To see your therapist’s records of your personal information, so you know what is held about you and can verify it.
- The right to rectification: To tell your therapist to make changes to your personal information if it is incorrect or incomplete.
- The right to erasure: (also called “the right to be forgotten”) for you to request your therapist to erase any information they hold about you.
- The right to restrict processing of personal data: You have the right to request limits on how your therapists uses your personal information
- The right to data portability: under certain circumstances you can request a copy of personal information held electronically so you can reuse it in other systems.
- The right to object: To be able to tell your therapist you don’t want them to use certain parts of your information, or only to use it for certain purposes.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the information commissioner’s office: To be able to complain to the ICO if you feel your details are not correct, if they are not being used in a way that you have given permission for, or if they are being stored when they don’t have to be.
Full details of your rights can be found at https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please email firstname.lastname@example.org If you are dissatisfied with the response you can complain to the Infrmation Commissioner’s Office; their contact details are at www.ico.org.uk
- If you don’t agree to your therapist keeping records of information about you and your treatments, or if you don’t allow them to use the information in the way the need to for treatments the therapist may not be able to treat you.
- Your therapist has to keep your records of treatment for a certain period as described above, which may mean that even if you ask them to erase any details about you, they might have to keep these details until after that period has passed.
- Your therapist can move their records between their computers and IT systems, as long as your details are protected from being seen by others without your permission.